What is Infertility?
It is normal for couples to wish for a child at some time in their life time. But sometimes in spite of trying for many years, the couple may mail fail to conceive. This is where understanding about the normal fertility cycle helps, as they can seek help at the right time. Majority of couples conceive within the first year of trying and for most of them the conception occurs in the first months. Few of the couples may conceive in the second year. Hence infertility broadly means the inability to conceive within 12 months of trying for a child.
Seeking the help of a reproductive endocrinologist if the conception has failed to take place within the first 12 months is highly recommended. There are many good Ayurvedic Centre’s that offer good treatment for infertility and a couple desiring a child can avail of the Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in Pune.
Common Causes of Infertility:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles/ Ovulation disorder:
- Females in the age group of 35 years and above/ Advancing Maternal age:
- Tubal blockage (occlusion):
- Uterine fibroid:
- Endometrial polyps:
Male factors causing Infertility:
Male factors are also one of the leading and sole causes for infertility in most of the cases. In cases where semen analysis is abnormal, repeat tests are conducted to confirm the same. Certain lifestyle changes if adopted help to improve the semen functioning. If there is no improvement in semen function, then more ways or treatments are undertaken
Sometimes the cause of infertility remains unknown in spite of thorough examination or evaluation. In such cases many fertility treatments are available that help to over the factors that was responsible for causing infertility and thus lead to the birth of a healthy baby. One can visit one of the Infertility Ayurvedic doctors in Pune and get treated for the same.
Symptoms of Infertility:
The most obvious symptom of infertility is not getting pregnant or the inability to conceive even after having unprotected sex for more than six months depending on the age.
Common signs or symptoms of Infertility in Women:
- Amenorrhea or absence of menstruation
- Irregular periods
- Painful or heavy periods
- Hormonal fluctuations leading to potential issues with fertility such as the following:
- Skin related issues or changes such as acne
- Reduced sex drive
- Facial hair growth such as on the chin and lips and even on chest
- Thinning of hair on head
- Weight gain or excess weight.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
Common signs or symptoms of Infertility in Men:
- Pain or swelling in testicle
- Changes in sexual drive
- Problem related to ejaculation and maintaining erection
- Changes in hair growth
- Firm and small testicles
Many couples trying to conceive face the problem of infertility and there is no need to get dejected for the same as you are not alone. There are many reputed Ayurvedic infertility treatment in Pune providing very good treatment for infertility, one can approach them and get treated for infertility.
Cures on infertility problem in Ayurveda:
Inability to conceive is a major problem faced by couples of today due to the constantly evolving external and internal environment. The reason for the growing infertility among today’s men and women is primarily due to changing lifestyles, dietary or eating habits, lack of exercise, obesity etc. What are the solutions for the ever-growing infertility problem faced by the youth of today other than modern medicine involving high amount of medical dosage and invasive treatments which every single person would like to not undergo. The answer lies in the ancient Ayurvedic herbs suggested by Ayurveda that act as an equally effective remedy to solve the problem of infertility faced by millions today.
- Ashoka (Saraca Asoka): This herb has a compound that has a tremendous stimulating effect on the ovarian tissues. This herb also helps greatly during menstrual cycles.
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa): Highly recommended for treatment of uterine disorders, the stem of the Lodhra herb has anti inflammatory properties and is very effective for treatment of varied female disorders.
- Shatavari( Asparagus racemosus): Shatavari kalp, a foetal tonic acts as a rasayan in cases of threatened abortion, suppressed lactation, mennorhagia and even for low sperm count.
Kumari (Aloe barabadensis): Basically a diuretic and possessing the virtue of pichchil andsnigdha , the kumara herb aids in semen secretion along with acting as an aphrodisiac. Being of ushna pravritti, the herb aids in increasing the flow of blood to the uterus along with promoting contraction thus leading to uterine bleeding. Kalabol the solid gum procured after boiling the aloe Vera leaf juice is highly effective treatment of amenorrhoea as a local application.
Amruta/Guduchi (Tinospora Cardifolia):
Though an aphrodisiac, this herb is sukhragami, madhur vipak and snigdha and is great help for the reproductive system.
Apart from the above, Kapikacchu (Mucuna Pruriens) is another herb with potent anti oxidants that helps reduce oxidative damage taking place to the sperm by avoiding disturbance in the membrane veracity of the sperms.
Similarly another herb Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris) helps in the improvement of sexual desire and in sperm production.
Kerala Ayurveda Pune is one of the leading and reputed Ayurvedic clinic providing Infertility Ayurveda treatment in Pune.
What causes infertility in Women?
Infertility in women may arise due to varied factors. The below listed factors are crucial if a woman has to become pregnant:
- Sperm count of Partner
- Regular Sexual Intercourse
- An open fallopian tube and normal uterus
- For the occurrence of a normal pregnancy, the following steps of the human reproduction process needs to take place correctly.
- Releasing of a mature egg by one of the two ovaries
- Picking of the egg by the fallopian tube
- Swimming of the sperm up the cervix and through the uterus and finally into the fallopian tube to meet the egg for fertilization to take place.
- Travelling of the fertilized eggs down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- Implanting and growth of the fertilized egg in the uterus.
- Plenty of factors can disrupt the process at any time or stage. The cause for female infertility could be any one or more than reason as underline below:
- Ovulation disorders such as Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS), Hypothalamic dysfunction, Premature Ovarian failure ,excess production of Prolactin
- Tubal infertility taking place as result of damage to fallopian tubes resulting in blocked fallopian tubes, pelvic inflammatory disease such as infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes as a result of Chlamydia, gonorrhoea or other sexually transmitted infections.
- Any surgery done in the past in the abdomen or pelvis including ectopic surgery where in a fertilized eggs gets implanted and develops in the fallopian tube instead of uterus.
- Pelvic tuberculosis another major cause for tubal infertility all over the world except USA
- Endometriosis involving growth of tissues outside the uterus, the surgical removal of which causes fallopian blockage or preventing an egg from meeting the sperm.
- Uterine or cervical causes such as benign polyps or tumours, endometriosis scarring or even inflammation, uterine abnormalities right from the stage of birth, cervical stenosis.
- Other unexplained factors
Whatever is the cause for infertility, approaching a good physician would be the thing to do. With various clinics providing infertility treatment in Pune, the problem of infertility is easy to overcome if one desires it.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Infertility in Women
As per Ayurveda infertility occurs in a person when SHUKRA DHATU or reproductive tissues get deprived of nutrition. As a woman’s reproductive organ is even more delicate than a man’s reproductive organ, women are at a higher risk of sexual dysfunction as compared to men. Very poor digestion along with presence of toxins in the body of a woman is one of the major causes of infertility. Other causes leading to infertility in women include:
- Consumption of salty and spicy food
The Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in women primarily focuses on transformation of food into nutrients that would aid in the proper movement of SHUKRA DHATU. The infertility treatment for women in Ayurveda involves the following:
There are various Ayurvedic Centres providing treatment for Infertility in Women, a visit to one of these centres is enough to overcome the problem of infertility.
Ayurvedic infertility centre in Viman nagar Pune is one such Institute with years of experience and reputation in treating women facing the issue of infertility.
What causes infertility in men?
Male infertility is a complicated process caused by a range of factors involving anatomical problems, genetic issues and hormonal imbalances. For healthy conception, the following actions need to take place:
- Production of healthy sperms
- Transportation of sperm into the semen
- Enough measure of sperm in the semen
- Normal motility of the sperm
Medical Issues causing infertility in Men:
Problems in Male fertility may arise due to varied health issues and medical treatments. Listed below are some of them:
- Varicocele or swelling of the veins resulting in poor quality of the sperm produced.
- Ejaculation Problems
- Anti sperm anti bodies
- Un descended testicles
- Tumours both malignant and non cancerous affect the male reproductive organs
- Hormone imbalances
- Defects in the tubes transporting sperm
- Defects in chromosome
- Issues related to sexual intercourse such as difficulty in maintaining erection, pain during intercourse etc.
- Celiac disease, a type of digestive disorder arising from sensitivity to gluten leading to male infertility
- Effects of medication
- Previous surgeries
Environmental Factors causing Male Infertility:
- Exposure to industrial chemicals
- Heavy metal exposure
- Radiation effects or X-Rays
- Elevated temperature or Overheating of Testicles
Life style Changes and health issues including other causes leading to infertility:
- Use of illicit drugs to stimulate the growth and strength of muscles.
- Alcohol intake is known to low the testosterone level leading to erectile dysfunction and even lower sperm production.
- Smoking is found to have a direct impact on fertility. Same is the case with second hand smoking, even it is found to affect fertility.
- Obesity or excess weight gain is known to have a direct impact on sperm production and fertility.
- Emotional stress is found to directly interfere with the hormones essential for the production of sperms. Prolonged stress is found to affect the sperm count including aggravating the problems of infertility.
- Studies have revealed that exposure to harsh chemicals, metals and x-rays tend to lower the sperm count. The same applies to frequent usage of Sauna and hot tubs. Sitting for long periods of time in front of laptop or computer and even wearing of tight-fitting clothes can result in reduced sperm production.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Infertility in Men:
- Ayurvedic infertility treatment for men in Pune is available at various places where one can get good treatment and solve the problem of infertility once for all. Male infertility can stem due to all sorts of sperm defects such as low motility, low volume, irregular shape , obstructions such as prostrates and varicocele, erectile dysfunction etc.
- Different types of herbs such as KapiKachhu (Mucuna Pruriens) and Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris) have proved highly effective in treating male infertility in Ayurveda. Kapikacchu being a potent anti oxidant helps in reducing oxidative damage from taking place to sperms and thus in increasing the sperm count. It also acts as a nerve tonic and thus prevents sterility in men.
- The herb of Gokshura otherwise aids in improving sexual desire and sperm production. Even Bala (Sida Cordifolia) and Salammisri (Orchis Mascula) aid in enhancing the fertility functions.
- Intake of organic fruits, vegetable and nuts like almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds and dairy products such as milk, ghee, lassi, buttermilk, cream and paneer and dried fruits such as raisins, figs, and dates help to keep up vigour and vitality.
- Even practice of yoga asana help to improve fertility in both men and women.Padmasana the lotus pose help to improve the blood flow to the vital organs by directing the life force to the two chakras governing the sexual functions. Even contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor aid in improving the blood circulation to the reproductive organs and systems.
- Infertility Ayurvedic doctors in Pune are world-renowned and if you are longing for a child but unable to conceive due to infertility, just pay a visit and you are sure to get blessed with a healthy boy or girl.