While the bliss of monsoon is cherished by all of us after the scorching heat of summers, it also increases the chances of illness. In the rainy season, our energy levels go down, our digestive powers are diminished and even our doshas are affected. These lead to the problems like laziness, gastric upsets, malaise, skin problems, joint pains, stiffness, and anxiety. So, the monsoon is the time to detoxify and clean our bodies of all the accumulated wastes and toxins. More and more people are opting for monsoon detoxification in Pune. Ayurveda offers various ways to detoxify your body through various ayurvedic techniques, treatments, and diet. The ways of how the body can be detoxified through Ayurveda is given below.
This is a well-known ayurvedic detoxification treatment in Pune. This method helps the body in getting rid of all the chemical toxins and impurities which have accumulated in the body over the time. It involves five techniques to purify the body which are
- Purvakarma – It involves snehana which is a full body massage using herbal and medicated oils and swedana which is sweating after the snehana. Both these procedures help in loosening and moving the toxins towards gastro intestinal tract.
- Vamana- In this, the kapha which causes mucus is eliminated using vomiting therapy.
- Nasya- In this, medicated nasal drops are administered which helps in eliminating excess bodily humors which have accumulated in the head area, nose, throat, or sinuses.
- Virechana- In this purgation or laxative is administered to remove the excess accumulated bile in the liver, gall bladder, and small intestine.
- Basti-It involves administration of herbal and medicinal decoctions and oil to the rectum. It helps in many aches, pains, illnesses, and disorders.
2. Detoxification through diet
Kerala Ayurveda Pune the best place to detox, recommends a specific diet which helps your body in cleaning and detoxifying itself. It cleans, heals and detox your body. The following diet should be followed to detox your body
- All junk, oily, spicy, sour and salty food should be avoided. It means any food that leads to acidity, bloating, water retention and indigestion should be avoided.
- Grains like wheat, oats, old rice and old barley should be consumed.
- Honey should be taken as it helps in cleansing the body.
- Only foods that are easily digestible should be consumed.
- Increase your consumption of ginger, garlic, cumin, pepper, asafetida, basil, and cinnamon.
- Oils like olive, sunflower oil, and ghee should be preferred as they are light and easy to digest.
- Eat thoroughly washed and freshly cooked food only.
- Maintain a proper fluid intake.
3. Detoxification through skin
Scrubbing your skin helps in detoxification as it helps in removing the toxins, which are embedded, through skin pores. It also helps in removing any germs or microorganisms from the skin and makes it supple and soft. Sandalwood paste should be used to clean the skin. Applying a paste of turmeric powder and gram flour in raw milk or water also helps.
While undergoing detoxification prolonged sun exposure and strenuous exercises should be avoided as they lead to sweating which obstructs skin channels and hinders detoxification. Other things to follow are- avoid day time napping, maintain hygiene and avoid synthetic and uncomfortable clothes.