Acidity, commonly known as ‘Urdhvang Amalpitta’ in Ayurvedic terminology refers towards the regurgitation of the gastric juices (acids) secreted in the stomach back into the food canal pipe up to the throat. Although it seems to be a simple problem, it leads to a highly burning and painful sensation called acid reflux and gas formation in stomach. Ayurveda associates acidity due to the imbalance of pitta doshas and has several remedies to steer away from the ill effects, assures a renowned physician associated with an Ayurvedic clinic in Pune.
Causes for acidity?
As with treatment for any other ailment, ayurveda suggests medication only after analyzing all the root causes of the problem.
- Intake of excessive quantity of spicy and oily food substances
- Drinking of excessive water, carbonated drinks, tea and coffee
- Irregular and improper eating habits
- Psychological issues such as anger, depressions and anxiety
- Intake of high fat contents such as chocolate
- Improper salivation in mouth
- Excessive intake of alcohol or indulgence in smoking
- Lack of physical activities and exercises
- Improper sleep
- Other phenomena like obesity and aging
The effect of acidity does not stop with heartburn; it can even lead to loss of appetite, vomiting and flatulence warns the best Ayurvedic doctor in Pune.
Role of ayurveda in the treatment of acidity
So, how exactly ayurveda protects us from the severity of acidity? Be it for diet restrictions that strictly prescribes and dos and don’ts of types of food for instant relief from acid reflux, ayurveda has treatment schema for all variants.
- Tender coconut water: What can be a better way other than utilizing this simple yet powerful ingredient that is available in abundance? Tender coconut water is one of the best medicines prescribed by ayurveda to achieve quick relief from acid reflux.
- Avipattikar churna: When taken before every meal, you can be assured of good bowel movement and clearly staying away from acidity.
- Sukumara Ghrita: Considered as one of the specialized treatment for acidity, it enhances the power of digestion and thereby rectifies most of the ailments associated with digestive system.
- Akik Pishti: Being a natural product of calcium, it is not surprising to see its effective utilization to arrest heart burns.
- Chitrak Mool: As an excellent medicine for stimulating digestive system, chitrak mool is always considered by Ayurvedic physicians to treat many of the ailments associated with stomach and intestine systems. It immensely improves digestion, enhances appetite and provides good relief from constipation too.
- Diet Control: Ayurveda always recommends strict diet practices to arrive at better treatment results:
- Eat balanced and bland food items that are rich in fibre.
- Include cow’s milk, barley, wheat, old rice, and veggies like green banana, pumpkin and bitter gourd as a portion of meal
- Avoid oily, fatty, refined flour and other foods that are difficult to digest
- Stay away from chilled or hot beverages such as tea, coffee and aerated drinks and other ill vices such as smoking and consumption of alcohol
Infact, the ayurvedic treatment for acidity issues cannot be fully realized if proper diet control practices are not observed. Contact us if you are in need for ayurvedic treatment in Pune for resolving any issues pertaining to digestive system, as you can always depend on vast experience of our physicians in Mupra Kerala Ayurvedic Treatment Centre.