Here are the Ayurvedic home remedies towards a successful drug de addiction
Modern medicine, in most cases, adopts a symptom based approach of treatment and cures without delving deep into the reasons that are generically responsible for the condition. Therefore, the permanent cures are often elusive in most treatment plans while the side effects do emerge as the inevitable and undesirable implications. The ancient traditional medicine systems differ in that the root causes are tried to be treated. Ayurveda is one such traditional med system from India and offers cures for all the diseases including the degenerative conditions like cervical spondylosis.
The causes of cervical spondilysis as per Ayurveda -
According to Ayurveda, all the diseased conditions are caused by the mutual imbalance between the vata, pitta and kapha doshas that are present in every body. In the case of cervical spondylosis, distorted vata dosha is held responsible! According to an Ayurvedic center offering cervical spondilysis treatment in Pune, vitiated vata leads to the degeneration of the vertebrae and the inter vertebral discs; bony outgrowths or osteophytes also develop that press the spinal cord to generate pain, numbness and stiffness symptoms that make life problematic as the condition progresses. These symptoms are generally found to develop in people age 40 and above and men are less vulnerable to developing this that the females!
Ayurvedic treatment for cervical spondilysis -
Cervical spondilysis treatment in Ayurveda recommends a holistic plan that includes changes in diets, lifestyle, in addition to specific medicines. The core principle adopted in Ayurveda for the cure of cervical spondilysis is the pacifying of imbalanced vata dosha. Most of the vata problems are generically linked to the alimentary canal dysfunctions which are in turn related to the bad lifestyles that we have adopted in the modern world.
Center specializing in Ayurvedic treatment for cervical spondilysis in Pune employs the following techniques and methods to balance the vata and thus correct the degenerative disorder that is related to vertebrae and discs in between.
- Snehana – the oleation treatment given externally and internally to improve the joints flexibility, reduce the dryness and induce regeneration
- Greeva basti – warm medicated oils are held in a well of black gram dough around the neck region. This procedure is repeated for 30 to 45 minutes
- Patra pind sweda – hot fomentation process is done through a bolus made of medicated leaves that are sliced and dipped in medicated oils.
- Abhyanga – massaging the body and affected part with warm medicated oils to reduce the stiffness
- Nasya – medicines and medicated oil is administered per nostril for generic strengthening and dosha balancing
- Basti – enema procedure to clear the alimentary canal and reduce the vata formation
Stress management to control the ill effects of cervical spondilysis
According to an Ayurvedic center offering cervical spondilysis treatment in Pune management of stress is also very important because it causes stiffness in the joints, especially in the neck and shoulder region which can aggravate the spondilysis symptoms.
What to avoid –
- It is necessary to avoid the vata producing foods like maida and suji as these could cause constipation. Sour foods like curd also need to be avoided.
- Avoid carrying heavy weights on head and shoulder region
- Avoid day time sleep and go to bed early at night
- Too much of AC to be avoided as it causes dryness in body
- Avoid bad posture while reading or writing